We are currently seeking an individual to join our Learning Support Team as a Teacher Aide in our Secondary School, Years 7 to 13. The successful candidate will join our team of teacher aides providing in-class support. The position is between 17 to 28 hours per week, commencing in Term 1, January 2024 until December 2024.
Additional hours may be available on a casual basis as flexibility is required to meet the changing needs of the students and the Learning Support team.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A strong willingness to fully commit to the special Christian character, mission, and vision of Bethlehem College.
- A strong willingness to fully commit te Tiriti o Waitangi principles and to making effort to use te reo Māori in carrying out this role.
- Commitment to a life sustained by a vital Christian faith.
- Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma in a relevant field and previous experience in a learning support environment, administration, or educational setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow the directions of the classroom teacher.
- Duties may involve some personal care of students and working across a variety of situations.
- Active listening, calmness, tact, mentoring, emotional engagement, de-escalating difficult situations, negotiation and/or persuasion.
- The ability to work cooperatively with all staff.
- The ability to effectively assist student(s) learning.
- The ability to supervise and/or oversee others’ work.
- A willingness to improve skills/performance and participate in an annual appraisal process.
- Ability and willingness to acquire ICT/digital technology skills.
Remuneration: Teacher Aide Grade BC in accordance with the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement. The appropriate step within the remuneration grade will be determined based on experience.
Employment is conditional on satisfactory police vetting check.
Position start date: Term 1, 2024
Applications closing date: Thursday 30th November, 9 am.