A well-rounded, holistic approach to schooling includes every aspect of learning. We’re huge supporters of arts and culture and our primary school emphasis on cultural activities reflects our enthusiasm.
Choirs, music specialist lessons, kapa haka, school productions, itinerant music lessons, speech competitions, talent quests, dance and after school art clubs. Primary school assemblies are held every week throughout the year, led by a different class every time. This provides a forum to showcase each class’ learning and teaches students confidence, presentation and communication skills.
Instrumental / Vocal Tuition and Instrument Hire
Tuition - there is tuition available on a great range of instruments, including voice.
- Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Saxophones (subsidised)
- Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Tuba, Euphonium (subsidised)
- Classical / Spanish Guitar, Contemporary Guitar
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
- Bass Guitar
- Piano, Keyboard
- Classical voice, Contemporary Voice
The school has a number of instruments for hire, and students also have the option of hiring from other providers