A well-rounded, holistic approach to schooling includes every aspect of learning. We’re huge supporters of arts and culture and our primary school emphasis on cultural activities reflects our enthusiasm.
Choirs, music specialist lessons, kapa haka, school productions, itinerant music lessons, speech competitions, talent quests, dance and after school art clubs. Primary school assemblies are held every week throughout the year, led by a different class every time. This provides a forum to showcase each class’ learning and teaches students confidence, presentation and communication skills.
Instrumental / Vocal Tuition and Instrument Hire
Tuition - there is tuition available on a great range of instruments, including voice.
- Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Saxophones (subsidised)
- Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Tuba, Euphonium (subsidised)
- Classical / Spanish Guitar, Contemporary Guitar
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
- Bass Guitar
- Piano, Keyboard
- Classical voice, Contemporary Voice
The school has a number of instruments for hire, and students also have the option of hiring from other providers.
For lessons and instrument hire information, please email [email protected].
SPEECH & DRAMA
Speech and Drama lessons are available throughout the year.
Lee Watkins BSc, BEd, LSB (SpeechNZ) and Katy Lietze BBc, ATCL (Teaching) will be teaching in D6 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
Please contact these teachers directly to enquire about lessons.
Lee: [email protected]
Katy: [email protected]
Speech and Drama lessons aim to develop versatility in the use of language and oral presentation and performance skills. Through the use of drama, poetry and public speaking children:
- Gain confidence in expressing themselves with clarity
- Enjoy what they read and develop an appreciation of literature
- Develop listening skills
- Develop a rich vocabulary with which to express themselves
- Develop a flexible, resonant and well-projected voice
Students will be able to sit Speech NZ or Trinity College Examinations. These examinations are held in a supportive environment and give candidates a clear sense of progress and achievement.